[TxMt] Re: limited support for undo history

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed Oct 3 12:56:58 UTC 2012

On 3 Oct 2012, at 13:32, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
> Hmm, this could be easily achieved with a normal bundle command.
> This command would simply save the current doc "foo.c" as "foo.c.1". If you invoke it again then "foo.c.2" etc.
> If you want to revert write another command which lets you choose a state of your doc. Furthermore a diff could also be applied quite easily.

Thanks, this is a good suggestion actually, which I might even end up adopting.

The main difference with what I was proposing though is that it lacks the integration with the undo history. In my scenario, I not only want to retrieve my file in its previous state, but also have my undo history at the corresponding level. So I'm really looking for a shortcut to "undo n times", with the correct n. This can be useful for a few reasons, such as being able to hit a few redos after reverting if necessary.

That being said, there might be a way to obtain this functionality without coding inside TextMate. Any suggestions?

Regards,

enas