[TxMt] Re: Emulating keyboard activity with commands

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:56:04 UTC 2012

Hi Steven,
Backspace doesn't delete unselected characters: so if you select a line, and press backspace, you merely end up with a carat at character 0 on the line.

If the \n preceding a line is in the selection, then a command setting the selection to "" will erase the newline.

Macro recording will be great when it comes (I'm actually waiting till TMs internal states like dynamic selections can be played with in bundle commands and snippets).

But if we can't code, then at least while we wait these kinds of example can be worked around pretty easily.

If the example really is simply "do what backspace does when a line and the preceeding feed are selected", then that comes built-in and bound to backspace :-)

cheers,
tim