[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 turn off auto-indent

Freek Dijkstra public at macfreek.nl
Thu Nov 8 19:29:04 UTC 2012

Thanks Rob,

I indeed meant to write:

The MediaWiki bundle in TextMate 2 has a feature that when I type:

Line1
   Line2

It automatically reindents to:

Line1
Line2

Despite that I explicitly typed the two spaces.
This happens just after I type the "L" on the second line.

I find this rather annoying. I'm trying to turn this feature off.

> Auto-indent is nice in response to pasting or hitting ↩, but TextMate
> 2 has a tendency to alter indentation when you start typing, which is
> insane. Is that what you mean?

Exactly! I loved the auto-indent *before* you type, which I can easy fix
with adding or removing the indent before I type.
However, this identing happens *after* I start to type, meaning I have
to go back to the line, and edit. This is absolutely disastrous for my
workflow.

Is there a way to turn this off, or should I just turn back to TextMate
1 until the sanity is restored? :)

Regards,
Freek