[TxMt] TextMate fonts?

David Whitford dw328i at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 12:31:00 UTC 2012

First I created a plain-text doc with some Markdown "markup"; my default font is Monaco.  Then I used Bundles > Markdown > Preview, and got a very nice window created with some unkown (to me) sans-serif font.  I used cmd-P to print this, and was surprised to find the printout used some strange (to me) serif'd font.  Same of course if I opted to print to pdf.

So as an experiment I tried adding my own <style> ... </style> containing Verdana to the doc. Unsurprisingly the html was ignored by Markdown > Preview, still had the nice ss font in that window, and print still used the strange serif'd font.  No surprises there really.

Next, I could get the html handled by using Bundles > HTML > Open Doc in Running Browser(s).  No surprises there.

Finally I tried altering Preferences > Fonts & Colors.  This affected the source doc of course, but again made no difference to Markdown Preview or to Print.

So what are the mysterious fonts used by Markdown Preview and Print?  I'd like to know what the "nice" sans-serif font used by Preview is, the only clue I can offer is that a capital M has sloping sides.

But above all, what is this mysterious serif'd font used when I print the Preview window, and  can I replace it?

David Whitford