[TxMt] Re: Speedier LaTeX bundles issues

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 01:21:18 UTC 2012

On 05.11.2012, at 21:00, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> Bottom line: I enjoy much faster TeXing when adding the apparently superfluous extra-line at the beginning. For principal reasons I would like to get rid of this extra line, and understand what is going on.
This is a bundle problem, if I pdflatex your example (the TeXLive 2011 version), it compiles correctly.

I usually separate my documentclass from the packages I frequently load as they are usually the same while the documentclass depends on the specific document. E. g. I would sometimes use scrbook instead of scrartcl or the cls file from the journal I intend to publish in. Furthermore, I am loading my standard packages as a package (change the file extension from .tex to .sty and load your standard packages via \usepackage{file}). The advantage is that you can modularize your standard includes file further, e. g. you can load hyphenations.tex via that .sty file while this is not possible if you use \input (\input does not allow nested uses of \input).

> A final remark: Is there a way to adjust some preferences of the speedier LaTeX bundle? For instance: I would like to have the typesetting window not to be kept open (very annoying); I would like not to have activated the reading bar in Skim.
What do you mean by »reading bar« in Skim?

Max