[TxMt] Re: Closing the last tab

Elia Schito elia at schito.me
Sat May 12 11:50:58 UTC 2012

I see what you say, but I still feel differently, here is why:

I think that the untitled file would be acceptable for non-project dirs,
but we have a case in which a dir is tagged as a project (projectDirectory
= "$CWD"). At least for those dirs make sense to me that they are treated
as projects. Also with "mate ~/some-dir/" I'm explicitly targeting some dir
rather than opening TM from a location ("mate -d some_dir/").

Also the untitled document seems more appropriate when I use the mate
command with no options (and we can set good defaults for that, as the "[
attr.untitled ] fileType = 'source.ruby'").
For other cases I usually know in advance both the filename (with its
extension) and the location and I can type "mate lib/another_library.rb"
directly (for the same reason I'm being slowed by the CMD+ALT+N CMD+S
approach).

Of course the point is not a technical solution to support the
emtpy/non-empty window (which is
possible<https://github.com/elia/avian-missing.tmbundle#new-file-⌃⌘n>in
both cases), but its sensible design.

My 2¢ :)