[TxMt] Re: TM2 with dead keys

Mon Mar 12 06:15:41 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012, at 05.13, Garrett Lancaster wrote:

> It seems that when using dead keys in TM2, the initial keypress of the dead key is interpreted as input.  This creates a problem for functions like wrapping selected text (with parens or braces) because rather than wrapping the text with the appropriate character it replaces the selection with the dead key character.
>
> An example: I use the semicolon followed by j for inserting a left paren.  If I make a selection and do this, it replaces the selection with the semicolon.

Normally a dead-key adds a diacritics and the following key (letter) will be composed on-top of that diacritics mark.

Your use of dead keys seems more like multi-stroke key bindings. How did you set this up? How do you type a single semi-colon?

If you do setup e.g. semi-colon + J to insert a left-parent (via multi-stroke key bindings) TextMate should wrap the selection.