[TxMt] How do you set tab preferences on a language basis in 1.5?

Walter Lee Davis waltd at wdstudio.com
Sat Mar 10 16:12:18 UTC 2012

I've noticed, from working in the Ruby on Rails syntax, that certain file-types convert the tab key silently to spaces at whatever space-to-tab preference is currently set. YAML for example. I was just trying out some Python for the first time in forever, and noticed that it was using tabs instead of spaces, even though the surrounding document was entirely indented in spaces.

Is this something that is adjustable? Where would I look? I looked in the language definition in the YAML bundle, but nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks in advance,

Walter