[TxMt] Re: Recommended method of exporting/importing templates?

sirquijote at lavabit.com sirquijote at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 12 14:59:46 UTC 2012

> On 1 Jul 2012, at 01:39, sirquijote at lavabit.com wrote:
>
>> What's the recommended way of exporting templates you've created in one
>> copy of TextMate for use with a copy on a different machine?
>
> You can drag the bundle (from the bundle editor) onto the desktop. This
> creates a version that can be moved to another machine and double-clicked
> to be installed.
>
> Alternative you can find the files in ~/Library/Application
> Support/TextMate/Bundles and copy/sync the desired items.
>
> (I assume this is about TM 1.x since 2.0 does not have templates)

Sorry, yes, this is 1.x.  The process you describe fails when I try it.
Here's the details:
I'm dragging-and-dropping the template from a copy of TM 1.5.10 (1623) on
OS X 10.6.8 to the Desktop, then copying it to my Mac mini running 10.7.4
and TM 1.5.10 (1631).  Double-clicking the template gives the following
message:

"Sorry, but it is not currently possible to install templates this way.
You will need to manually move/copy the template file to the bundle in
which it should be installed."

The manual method is probably the one you've just suggested.  However, I
have no Bundles folder in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate. I have
no folder at all there.