[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2 and rvm

John Yeates textmate2 at warmvomit.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 08:39:18 UTC 2012

On Sunday June 03 2012, dipnlik <dipnlik at gmail.com> wrote:

> For RVM's integration in textmate, please take a look at RVM's
> documentation: https://rvm.io/integration/textmate/
>
> While I'm not a TM2 user anymore, the rvm-auto-ruby's approach works
> fine for me in TM1, but it only reads .rvmrc files at the project's
> root (as opposed to navigating up in the directory tree looking for
> other .rvmrc files)

Thanks, but the problem here is when writing plain ruby (non-rails) scripts that have to start with #!/usr/bin/env ruby so that people can run them by typing "scriptname" rather than "ruby scriptname".

In that case, TextMate runs with the system ruby rather than the rvm ruby. There's nothing on the page you linked to say what *should* be after the #! so it will:
  a) work from TextMate on a system with rvm installed, and
  b) *still work* when the script is run on a system *without* rvm installed.

Does anybody know how I should set this up?

Thanks

--
John Yeates