[TxMt] Re: Wrap column display

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 29 14:02:31 UTC 2012

On Jan 29, 2012, at 6:08 AM, Andrew Appleton wrote:
> TM1 allowed the wrap column indicator to be visible when soft wrap was disabled. I find this extremely useful, but it is not possible in TM2 - the wrap column indicator disappears when soft-wrap is disabled.
>
> Are there any plans to re-enable this in TM2? It sounds small and silly but it's pretty much the one thing stopping me from using TM2 full time.

As you can see, I agree that it would be helpful to bring this back:

On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:40 PM, Phil Schumm wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> On 29/12/2011, at 07.45, Phil Schumm wrote:
>>> 2) I can't seem to get the Wrap Column indicator line to show up […]
>>
>> Only drawn when soft wrap is enabled.
>
> Ok, good to know it's not a problem on my end.  If you're interested in suggestions on this one, I'd love to see an option for drawing this when soft wrap is disabled too ;)

I presume that this is pretty far down on the priority list, given that it doesn't block or limit functionality per se.  However, it would be nice to get confirmation that it will return someday (i.e., that it wasn't stricken on principle).

-- Phil