[TxMt] tm_properties and embedded scopes

Curt Sellmer sellmerfud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:08:18 UTC 2012

In my .tm_properties file I have the following:

[ text.html ]
tabSize         = 4

[ source ]
tabSize         = 2

If I edit a javascript file then I correctly see tabs taking up two spaces.

If I edit an html file then tabs are seen as four spaces.  If I embed
javascript in the html file the tabs within the javascript code are now
taking up 4 spaces.  Pressing Cmd-Shift-P shows the following scope:

text.html.basic
source.embedded.js.html
attr.rev-path.xhtml.html.about.misc.views.templates.WEB-INF.webapp.myproject.curt.Users
attr.os-version.10.8.6
attr.scm.svn
attr.scm.status.H

So it appears that the text.html.basic scope is taking precedence over the
source.embedded.js.html scope.  Is there a way to have this behave in the
expected manner so that my javascript settings are honored when embedded in
html?

Thanks,
Curt