[TxMt] Re: TM2: strange indenting for C++

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Tue Jan 24 15:54:53 UTC 2012

On 24.01.12 16:27, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

> It is best to have a look into the badly working indentation rules and try to fix it yourself then post the fix in the mailing list.

Basically, I agree. However, this looks to me like it requires either
knowledge of TM2 I don't yet have or some additional support. Here's
what I should have added to the first message already:

As far as I can see, this strange indenting is caused by the
indentNextLinePattern matching all lines with an unterminated command.
This causes each line to be indented relative to the preceding one.
I don't know how to make all the lines indented relative to the one
where the expression started, instead.

OTOH, as soon as indextNextLinePattern stops matching, we're back to the
indenting of the line starting the whole thing. What is the intended
meaning of indextNextLinePattern – indent relative to this line, or
relative to whatever we'd otherwise use?

Christopher