[TxMt] TM2: problem excluding files & directories

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Mon Jan 16 15:35:24 UTC 2012

I'm trying to use .tm_properties to replicate functionality I've had with projects and I'm a bit at a loss. I've created a .tm_properties file in my home directory:

exclude = "{*.{aux,run.xml,tex.blg,thm,blg,bcf,fdb_latexmk,DS_Store,git}}"
softWrap = true
fontName = "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"
fontSize = 11
tabSize = 4

windowTitle = "$TM_DISPLAYNAME – ${TM_DIRECTORY/([^\/])[^\/]+\//$1…\//g}"

The fact that the window title reads "file name.tex - abbreviated directory" indicates to me that the file is processed.

My project directory's .tm_properties file contains only the following entries:

[ *.tex ]
spellChecking    = true
spellingLanguage = 'en'
projectDirectory = "$CWD"

The problem is that in the list of files and folders, not a single file is excluded. I've tried the following things already:
(1) Remove the .tm_properties file in ~/ and write the list of excludes in the project directory's .tm_properties file.
(2) Start with exclude = "{*.aux}" or exclude = "{name_of_exisiting_file}".

No luck. What am I doing wrong?

Max