[TxMt] Re: Dynamically including grammar patterns.

Mon Jan 16 02:45:03 UTC 2012

On 10/01/2012, at 20.34, Matthew Schinckel wrote:

> […] I can't use the same trick in the included patterns:
>
>     {  include = 'text.$1.basic'; },
>
> […] I am hoping to be able to extend it to automatically match whatever type of file I want highlighted (python, js, ruby, html, css, ... you get the picture).

The idea is to do this via injections instead — so you put the “token” in the scope and then inject HTML, JS, Python, etc. into meta.embedded.{html,js,python} etc.

The overall system for this is in place but we want to extend the scope selector syntax slightly to better control the injections, so none of the current bundles have been converted yet.