[TxMt] Re: Simple question re. running a Ruby program

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Tue Jan 10 05:21:24 UTC 2012

On 10/01/2012, at 4:01 PM, Marc Chanliau wrote:

> I've followed the instructions you provided. My path is in Txmate preferences.
> I have the PATH variable = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
> I have the TM_RUBY variable = /Users/marcc/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/bin

This may help re. getting TM and RVM to play together: http://beginrescueend.com/integration/textmate/. Using rvm-auto-ruby seems to be the easiest way to ensure TM is pointed to the correct ruby version.

However it doesn't look like this is your problem.

> When I run a program, I don't get any error, there's simply no output. The only visible message is "Program exited with code #1 after 0.00 seconds"

If you run your code from the command line, do you get any more output? If not, it looks like your code is just failing somewhere, before writing anything to stdout.

Adam