[TxMt] Indentation (TM2 R bundle)

Jon Clayden jon.clayden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:31:21 UTC 2012

Dear all,

The R bundle for Avian/TM2 seems to have lost the (neat) ability to
add and move to an indented new line after typing an open brace
followed by Enter. That is, going from

{.}

{
    .
}

by typing Enter (dot indicates caret). I got used to this in TM1 and
it saved countless little bits of time, so I'd like to get it back. I
see that it works in C, so obviously it can be done with TM2, but I'm
not sure what change I need to make to the R bundle to get it working
again. Any pointers would be gratefully received...

While I'm on the topic, it would be nice if standalone "if" statements
produced indentation on the next line (again as in the C scope), so
that I can write R code like

if (x < 0)
    x <- abs(x)

without having to indent the second line manually (and then unindent
the line following it). This has never happened with the Textmate R
bundle, so perhaps Hans-Jörg could take it as a feature request... ;)
I assume it's a matter of tweaking the language grammar.

All the best,
Jon