[TxMt] Re: Projects in TM2 Wikipage {Please ignore my previous post]

Wed Feb 22 07:27:30 UTC 2012

On 22/02/2012, at 14.17, Jerry wrote:

>> If you work on a book with chapters it is not unusual to prefix your file names with a sorting key, e.g. as in: http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Manual/pages/en/
> I'm not writing a book with chapters. Putting prefixes on source file names seems like a bad programming practice […]

I was responding to the example given for where manual sorting was preferred, for that example, I think my response of prefixing the file names still make sense as it then also show up correctly e.g. on the link I posted to an example where this was carried out.

Your “rebuttal” failed to make me understand what your needs are. It sounds like for your case automated sorting would still be a possibility, you just don’t want the sorting to be based on file names. Similar to how ideally I want an implementation file like “foo.m” to appear before its header “foo.h” — I don’t think manual sorting is the way to solve that problem though (but I do deem it worthy of solving).