[TxMt] Re: Projects in TM2 Wikipage

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 12:36:07 UTC 2012

On 21.02.2012, at 13:00, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> Hi, I've noticed some of your comments in the wiki, and thought I'd reply here rather than alter what you've put (as it reads as an "opinion" piece).
It's a wiki, i. e. a collaborative effort, and the whole point is that other people are supposed to edit it. Any bias (real or perceived) is mitigated if a large number of people are contribute to it.

Most of what I've written there has been mentioned here anyway and I'd be helpful to others if you would add your replies to the wikipage. :-)

>> Folders first, then files
>>
>> This Windows Explorer-style way to sort files (first, display folders in lexicographical order, then files in lexicographical order) should at least be optional.
>
> Have you tried Preferences > Project > Folders On Top (checkbox)?
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that preference, thanks.

>> Working with remote files
>>
>> Right now, I use CyberDuck + TextMate to edit web pages remotely. Other editors such as BBEdit have allowed the user to edit remote files (accessed via ftp or better sftp) directly with no middle man.
>>
> Have you tried rmate? http://blog.macromates.com/2011/mate-and-rmate/
No, I haven't. (My new university has a cms, so I didn't need to edit web pages remotely in a while.)

But as far as I understand rmate only works via ssh, and I do not have ssh access to all necessary university web servers. To most, I have ftp access (which is antiquated, unencrypted and the whole nine yards, but I'm not in a position to change it).

In any way, thanks!

Max