[TxMt] Re: TM2 file browser bug: no x to close if symbolically linked files are opened

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 12:36:05 UTC 2012

On 21.02.2012, at 13:00, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> On 21/02/2012, at 17.16, Max Lein wrote:
>
> I do understand the usability improvements of showing ? for links.
Great, thanks.
I know it's technically not trivial, but it's good to know it's on the »to be fixed« list.

>> Also, it would help if TextMate would distinguish between files and symbolic links.
>
> What do you mean by this? Maybe what I am saying above, e.g. opening ?dummy? which points to ?real_file? show ?dummy? in the title bar?
Yes, but that means I need to *open* files to distinguish between linked files and files that are »really« in that directory. And if I have opened a bunch of files, I need to activate each tab.

The whole point of marking linked files in the browser is to see at a glance which files are linked and which aren't.

Max