[TxMt] copying rtl text

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Tue Feb 21 04:53:30 UTC 2012

When copying a line of right-to-left Hebrew text from one file to another in TM2 9064 using my mouse (OS 10.7.3), I noticed the highlighting of text didn't cover the Hebrew text, but white space to the right of the Hebrew text.

See screen shot attached. To copy the Hebrew of line 12 (and it worked), I had to click on the beginning of line 13 (to the L), drag to the right of line 12 so that the highlighting would be just to the right of the Hebrew text. Then, Command C would properly copy the four Hebrew words.

If I dragged the mouse so as to cover as much of the Hebrew line as possible, it would cover the whole Hebrew text except the last letter (ם). But then only this last letter could be copied to the other file.

Is this the correct behavior when yanking right-to-left text? I'm asking because I may need to continue using Mellel in parallel with TM for this kind of task. I was beginning to think I could do without it completely.  Not a problem, but I thought I would ask if the behavior I see is what I can expect to see in TM's future.
-- Gildas