[TxMt] Re: Multiple output windows needed!

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Feb 4 15:49:25 UTC 2012

On 21.12.2011, at 11:09, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2011, at 01:38, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>> Seems TM2 can only run one task at a time. I have multiple Xcode targets I run at the same time, TM2 only allows me to run one of them.
>
> To get behavior similar to 1.x set: defaults write com.macromates.TextMate.preview htmlOutputPlacement window
>
> Exactly how HTML output in splits should work is still surrounded by a few unknowns.

Hi Allan,

FYI if one sets htmlOutputPlacement to "window" it works but if one has let's say two Python or R scripts which I start after the other, i.e. both scripts are running then at the same time, only one HTML window will be used, not in that case two. In other words the second script overwrites the content of the HTML window. If I go back in that one HTML window I can see content of the first script but only to that point when the second was started.

I think it would be the best to just open a new HTML window for each script.

BTW The more I'm using TM2 (and I do it for weeks now exclusively) the more I like it :)

Cheers,
--Hans