[TxMt] Re: error messages - R-Bundle

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 3 17:56:46 UTC 2012

On 03-02-2012, at 17:50, Martin Batholdy wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I use the R-TextMate Bundle and just recently run into problems when executing code via 'Run Selection in R'.
>

> After some loop-iterations I get the following error message and have to start the calculations all over again:
>
> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/R.tmbundle/Support/tmR.rb:157:in `write': Invalid argument (Errno::EINVAL)
> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/R.tmbundle/Support/tmR.rb:157:in `print'
> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/R.tmbundle/Support/tmR.rb:157
> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/R.tmbundle/Support/tmR.rb:144:in `each'
> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/R.tmbundle/Support/tmR.rb:144
>

> There seems to be no inherent problem with the code. Sometime the script runs till the end, sometimes I get these error-messages ...
>

> Can someone explain these error messages to me?

Which version of OS X are you using?

I have had these messages intermittently for quite some time now.
Hans Jörg Bibiko, author of the R bundle, has not been able to find a cause.

The error message means (quoting from email from Bibiko):
The error "Invalid argument (Errno::EINVAL)" is related to an issue that something couldn't be read or written to a file handle (incl. pipes).

It may be possible that the ruby  script has to wait too long  for the io pipe to deliver something (I'm guessing)

It would certainly be interesting to hear f more R and TextMate users are experiencing this issue.

Berend