[TxMt] TM2 support HTML win -> Javascript -> AppleScript -> Insert chars

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Aug 31 11:39:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm just reviewing some of my bundles and came across with this issue:

I have several commands which display as HTML output window some characters and the user can insert a given character by clicking on it. The mechanism is done via the Javascript-system bridge to an AppleScript which should insert the character.

For TM2 it doesn't work. Thus my question is:
Is this
- not supported by AppleScript,
- not yet implemented in TM2,
- broken,
- or is there an other more elegant way to achieve the insertion of a string from the HTML window to TM2?

I'm using TM2 (9293) on 10.7.4

Hmm, it seems that this:
echo -en 'tell app "TextMate" to insert «data utf8e1b894» as Unicode text'| osascript --

is not possible under Lion.

Any hints/ideas?

Cheers,
--Hans