[TxMt] Re: Arrggghhh: "Remove MultiMarkdown support in favor of it's own bundle"

Fletcher Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Mon Aug 27 19:06:47 UTC 2012

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but the MultiMarkdown "support" in the original version of the Markdown wasn't very good, and was *really* out of date.  The last time I tried it, I couldn't even get it to work, and I know a thing or two about how MMD is supposed to work....  ;)

My bundle is a simply a fork on github of the original Markdown bundle that has been updated to work with MMD, and more specifically MMD 3.  From looking at the github commits, I would presume that my bundle is what Michael is referring to.  To be honest, I'm actually glad to see this change --- most of the support emails I get regarding the "MultiMarkdown" bundle are actually related to the original Markdown bundle that didn't seem to actually work with MMD very well.  Once I point them towards the "official" MMD version, their problems are generally solved.  You are, of course, free to fork it and make your own changes so that it suits your own needs better.  Or just modify the version on your machine after you install it.

I don't use TextMate for writing Markdown/MultiMarkdown much any more (in favor of using my own app, MultiMarkdown Composer, that incorporated features that were impossible to implement under TM 1), so I'm not doing too much active development on the TM bundle side.  I'm happy to take pull requests for changes/bug fixes, and I probably need to merge some of the subsequent updates from the original branch back into my fork at some point.

I have (briefly) tested my version with recent installs of TM 1 and TM 2, and it seems to be working on both versions, though I have not re-tested every single feature.

Fletcher