[TxMt] Re: Edit in TextMate not working in Mountain Lion?

Fletcher Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Sat Aug 11 14:45:52 UTC 2012

On Aug 11, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Alternatively there is the QuickCursor commercial application ($5) that might offer similar functionality (I have not tried it myself).

Just as an FYI...

QuickCursor is built around the "ODB Editor Suite", which is built using Apple Script.  I added support for it in my text editor (MultiMarkdown Composer), but soon discovered that it does not appear to be compatible with sandboxing. Depending on what happens with Mountain Lion, the App Store, and sandboxing rules, new versions of applications may or may not be able to make use of it.  (Not to mention that I've had a ton of trouble getting ODB to play nice with Lion for other reasons, though it appears some developers have it working properly).

QuickCursor is a fantastic app (I would expect nothing less from Jesse), but the ODB protocol is outdated.  Brett Terpstra's nvAlt uses a different approach to handle a similar process that should be compatible with sandboxing rules in the future, and IMHO is a better approach.  When there is enough interest, I suspect there will be a successor to the ODB protocol that should be easier to implement and avoids all of the sandboxing issues.

Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at fletcherpenney.net