[TxMt] Re: [TM2] title bar not displaying name correctly

Artie Ziff artie.ziff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:45:25 UTC 2012

On 4/27/12 2:21 AM, David Howden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you read this:
> http://blog.macromates.com/2011/git-style-configuration/ and this:
> http://blog.macromates.com/2011/format-strings/  then you can create
> ~/.tm_properties and  prevent this from happening (if this makes no
> difference, then the offending .tm_properties file must then be in a
> directory above ~/).

If an offending config was in the tm_properties, then it did not
manifest its offensiveness until after the upgrade to 9090. Not it is
always showing this defect even on previous stable build.

> Just to be sure you can always copy and paste your ~/.tm_properties
> file onto gist.github.com <http://gist.github.com> and send a link,
> and we can scan over it for errors!

Thank you for the suggestion: <https://gist.github.com/2510661>
It is, essentially, lifted from the example provided then modified a
little.
Note that it had not changed for weeks.
It was same before and after the upgrade, in which the problem occurred.

> I would suggest that you update to the most recent version of TM2
> before you start though (alt+click on the "Check Now" button), as the
> older builds don't always pick up on the config changes straight away,
> and it is sometimes difficult to tell if edits are incorrect or just
> haven't been loaded from the file yet!

I'm still parsing this.. :)
I'll probably understand after a few more reads...

> P.S.  I've noticed that there seems to be a a "default" file in the
> TextMate 2 app.  Right click on TextMate 2 -> Show Package Contents ->
> Resources -> Defaults.tmproperties, which could also be incorrect (if
> the ~/.tm_properties fix doesn't work!)

will check the health of this file.
many thanks!

Cheers!