[TxMt] Bad file descriptor upon catching exceptions in RubyMate

Jan-Yves Ruzicka janyves.ruzicka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 21:29:00 UTC 2012

Hi there! Perhaps someone on the list will be be able to help me diagnose what's wrong with my current install of TextMate/RubyMate/ruby.

Whenever I try to run a ruby script through TextMate (⌘+R) and an exception gets raised, I get the following error:

    /Users/jan/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb:12:in `for_fd': Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)
    from /Users/jan/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb:12:in `block in <top (required)>'

The line in catch_exception that's causing this is:

    io = IO.for_fd(ENV['TM_ERROR_FD'].to_i)

For what it's worth, TM_ERROR_FD seems to be set to 14 here...setting it to other values (tried 1 through 14) doesn't seem to help much. I haven't done much with IO, so I'm on relatively shaky ground regarding what's happening and how to fix it. Anyone know what my next step should be?

Possibly relevant info:

TextMate version: 1.5.10 (1631)
ruby version: ruby 2.0.0dev (2012-03-26 trunk 35141) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]
rvm version: 1.13.0
OS X version: 10.7.3