[TxMt] Re: No proper forum

RonJeffries ronjeffriesacm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:17:40 UTC 2011

Hello, group,

On Sep 18, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Jonas M Luster wrote:

> I do agree with the OP in this regard, however. A forum provides a
> number of advantages, not the least of which is serving as a decent
> knowledge repository and topical segregation.

As a casual, infrequent user, unable to contribute on a daily basis owing to ignorance, I'd find a forum more useful, as I do for most of the products I just use a little and only have occasional questions about.

For things where I'm more active, I prefer a mailing list. There might be some best of both worlds system out there, but I don't know what it is.

I agree with others regarding the need for a modicum of courtesy either way.

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.  -- Jessica Rabbit