[TxMt] R Console (Rdaemon) bundle – how to edit / prevent long function descriptions?

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:20:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am currently using the Rdaemon bundle to run R from inside a textMate document.
It works great and I am really excited about having the power and flexibility of a text editor like textmate combined with the possibility to execute R-code within the text editor.

However there is one minor issue, so I thought perhaps someone here found a solution for that.

When you use Rdaemon and type a function you automatically get a small yellow overlay window that gives you some information about this function.
That is a great feature.

However this yellow overlay window for some reason gets huge if you want to set up for example a for-loop.

If I type "for("  my whole screen is covered with a huge yellow overlay window showing a lot of html-code (I think it is the html-code of the corresponding help page).
(same for starting an if-statement)

Does someone know if it is possible to edit this help-text or disable it for some functions?

thanks!