[TxMt] Re: Find / Replace doesn't replace my text?

Thu Sep 8 07:17:54 UTC 2011

On 5 Sep 2011, at 05:06, Brandon M Fryslie wrote:

> […] when I do Replace in Current Selection (shortcut or menu) nothing is replaced. […] My hunch says it has something to do with the negative lookbehind but I don't see any way in which I've used it incorrectly so I am stumped.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions or is this a bug?

This is a bug / limitation: When you Replace in Selection and your regexp matches text _outside_ the selection (via look-around assertions) it will fail because it doesn’t have access to the text outside the selection.

The only workaround is to ensure the stuff matched in the look-around assertion is also part of the selection when using Replace in Selection (or alternatively use Replace All).