[TxMt] Re: Open TextMate from FileZilla and I Can't Save my Edits

Mon Oct 31 21:51:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:55 PM, martcol <martcol at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> So, I'm new to my Mac, FileZilla and TextMate.
>
> I have set TextMate as my editor in FileZilla but when I try to save it the
> Mac just goes, "Doh!" and won't save my edits.
>
> I notice that the red close jewel has a dot inside it and not a cross.
>
> I'm perplexed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

I would, at a guess, say you're probably saying "TextMate.app" (or
maybe without the .app part).

What you want is to specify the command line program mate or matewait
which runs separately and hooks up to the TextMate application when
invoked.

See: http://manual.macromates.com/en/using_textmate_from_terminal.html
(which is really about calling TextMate from other appliations)