[TxMt] Re: Couple simple things

Tue Oct 25 12:47:16 UTC 2011

On 25 Oct 2011, at 01:59, John Tsombakos wrote:

> I had to find a specific character position in the file.. ie. character 2456. There's no way, that I can see, to go to that specific character position.

Technically this can be done by placing the caret at the beginning of the document then enable Regular Expression in the Find dialog and search for: (?m).{2456}

This basically finds 2456 repeats of “any character” — the leading (?m) is to enable “multi-line mode” where . (the “any character”) also matches newlines.

> The second one was, in the same problem, I wanted to combine all the lines
> in a file into one long line - I couldn't find a "remove line endings"
> command. How would I do this?

Search and replace. Be sure to have soft wrap enabled though, as TextMate does not deal well with humongously long lines (w/o wrapping enabled).