[TxMt] Re: R-package - strange parsing errors

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:07:29 UTC 2011

Hi Hans,

sorry for the delayed response.

Ok …  I am working on 10.7.2 (so I already upgraded to lion – kind of regret it …)

R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08).

So this is what I found in the first lines of the r_out-file:

	WARNING: unknown option '--TMRdaemon'

	ARGUMENT '2' __ignored__

	[1] ".RProfile im User Order laedt:"
	[1] "Programmierung/R Arbeitsverzeichnis/eigene Funktionen/own.functions.R"
	> source("/Users/bath/Library/Application Support/Rdaemon/daemon/start.r")
	> sink('/Users/bath/Library/Application Support/Rdaemon/r_tmp');cat(geterrmessage());sink(file=NULL)

(the first two lines are just from a print-expression of the .Rprofile file that is loaded at the beginning of an R-session)

then my script seems to work fine till this point (line 177 in the original script) :

	> x <- c(14, 17, 20, 23)
	> for(i in 1:length(x)) {   prfor(i in 1:length(x)) {   prfor(i in 1:length(x)) {   prfor(i in 1:length(x)) {   prfor(i i_reduced)
	Error: unexpected 'in' in "for(i in 1:length(x)) {   prfor(i in"
	> full_matrix <- cbind(full_matrix, reduced_datfull_matrix <- cbind(full_matrix, reduced_datfull_matrix <- cbind(fse {    final_matrix <- rbind(final_matrix, full_matrix)    }
	Error: unexpected '{' in "full_matrix <- cbind(full_matrix, reduced_datfull_matrix <- cbind(full_matrix, reduced_datfull_matrix <- cbind(fse {"

the original code looks like this:

	x <- c(12, 15, 18, 21)
	for(i in 1:length(x)) {   prt_reduced[,x[i]]  <- reorder(prt_reduced[,x[i]], c(3,4,1,2)) }

	x <- c(13, 16, 19, 22)
	for(i in 1:length(x)) {   prt_reduced[,x[i]]  <- reorder(prt_reduced[,x[i]], c(3,1,2)) }

	x <- c(14, 17, 20, 23)
	for(i in 1:length(x)) {   prt_reduced[,x[i]]  <- reorder(prt_reduced[,x[i]], c(2,1)) }

(the first two loops work without an error message only the last one is transformed in a strange way.

hope that helps ..?