[TxMt] Re: mate in command line doesn't fire up textmate

Juande Santander Vela juandesant at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 15:59:57 UTC 2011

Are you sure your path is being updated? .profile is not typically called during bash startup (at least in Mac OS X). Try to do:

. ~/.profile

in the Terminal just to be sure.

OTOH, you do not need to add anything to your .prifle. CLI tools are not installed automatically, but through TextMate’s Help menú:

go to TextMate > Help > Terminal usage… to install the CLI tools.

Or you can do the equivalent action at the terminal:

sudo ln -s /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/mate /usr/local/bin/mate

--
Juande Santander Vela
Software Engineer, ALMA Archive Subsystem

Bertrand Russell: Aún cuando todos los expertos coincidan, muy bien podrían estar equivocados.