[TxMt] Re: TextEdit opens intead

Walter Lee Davis waltd at wdstudio.com
Tue Nov 22 17:06:25 UTC 2011

Are you saying that you double-click on the TextMate icon in your Applications folder and TextEdit opens instead? I've never heard that one.

If you're saying that you double-click on a text FILE and TE opens it instead of TM, that's understandable and easy to fix. Click on one such text file in your Finder, and choose Get Info (Command-I). In the inspector panel, look for the Open With section, and choose TM. Then click the Open all documents with this application (not the actual words, something like that) and confirm that you really mean it. Should fix the problem permanently (or until the next major sun-spot event...).

Walter