[TxMt] Re: latex master paths

Jenny Harrison profharrison at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:53:46 UTC 2011

On 5/19/11, at 10:37 , Daniel Stegmüller wrote:

> Jenny,
> what are the benefits of texshop + latexmk over textmate's and latexmk?
>
> cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel,

The interface between textmate and skim is not as buttery smooth and fast as that between texshop's source and pdf.    The difference is striking and it surprised me how much texshop has evolved since I dove into textmate a few years ago.   For example, skim's window jumps around each time I make a small edit in the textmate source and I have to manually drag it back to where I was focused each time.    I get the impression that some have figured out how to use textmate as an external editor and get the best of both worlds.

Jenny