[TxMt] Edit in TextMate broken in OS 10.6.7?

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Tue May 17 16:22:11 UTC 2011

I recently migrated from a 2006 to 2010 MacBook Pro and migrated all my data over with one exception: I upgraded my new computer from OS 10.6.5 to 10.6.7. Now Edit in Textmate has disappeared from my Edit menu in applications like Mail and TextMate, and the key binding Ctrl-Cmd-E doesn't work even on TextMate itself (eg, when editing snippets).

I'm running TextMate 1.5.10 (1631) on both computers, and updated my bundles. Edit in TextMate is checked under System Preferences/Keyboard/Services.

I've tried the fixes reported previously on this list and on the TextMate wiki, including:

* Running Mail in 32-bit mode.

* Adding the key binding Ctrl-E using Allan's technique described at http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/EditInTextMate

* Unchecking TxtToTM in System Preferences/Keyboard/Services (it was previously being invoked by the same key combination as Edit in TextMate).

* Checking for existence and root ownership of Edit in TextMate in /Library/InputManagers. (I assume I don't need another copy in ~/Library/InputManagers.)

QuickCursor has been recommended to me, but based on the comments I've seen the current version doesn't match Edit in TextMate's clipboard features.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

jon
/RR (Response Requested)