[TxMt] Re: Spelling and Printing

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sun May 15 11:51:41 UTC 2011

Hi Sascha,

her is my workaround:

On 15 May 2011, at 11:53, Sascha Vieweg wrote:

> TM does not detect the language I am typing in, perhaps because it uses a non-Apple document window. Anyway, always changing the system language to get correct spell check on the fly (as suggested in the thread) could hardly be a working solution. In addition, quite often I write source documents in various languages, e.g. English and German, and that makes a "one language per document" unusable.

I'm using the TMTOOLS plugin

site: http://www.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/index.html (at the bottom)

Then I have two bundle commands:

name: Set spell checking language to German
input: none
output: none
command:
"$TMTOOLS" set spellCheckerLanguage '{to=de_DE;}'
key equivalent: CTRL+3

and

name: Set spell checking language to English
input: none
output: none
command:
"$TMTOOLS" set spellCheckerLanguage '{to=en_GB;}'
key equivalent: CTRL+4

One can also bind both commands to one key shortcut, and make usage of the TMTOOLS command
"$TMTOOLS" get currentSpellCheckerLanguage
to toggle the languages.

> There has also been an issue with an advanced print dialogue (but I cannot remember the posting). It is quite nice that TM adds headers and footers, however, TM does not print coloured syntax, and leaving a margin of about 1cm makes the printout unusable for punching and filing. In addition, 11pt Monaco is quite good on my screen but printing in that font size is rather a waste of space on the page. Of course, I know, that one may produce a html (nicely coloured, indeed), open that one in, say, Firefox, and print the html page.

Here I'm using the TextMate bundle command "Create HTML from Document" to get an HTML document and write a tiny script for setting fonts, sizes etc.; then display it in the Web Preview and press ⌘P for printing.

Cheers,
--Hans