[TxMt] Re: sublime text 2 (slightly OT)

Lorin Hochstein lorinh at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:35:30 UTC 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 5:10 PM, Phil wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Lorin Hochstein <lorinh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just looked quickly at it, and as it only had text/command
>>> completion based on the contents of the current buffer, I didn't
>>> consider it more. (I was looking for an editor for Python coding.)
>>> But I'm open for second looks, if I missed some vital pieces ... :)
>>
>> Wait, can TextMate do this? I use it for Python coding, and I use identifier completion with [ESC], and I thought it could only use content from the current buffer, not from other files in the project. Are there other forms of completion it can do?
>
> Sure. Quite nicely. :) There's bundles using Python's rope, and others
> using ctags. (Didn't get the latter to work as well, though, but it
> might be my lack of understanding/patience.)
>
> Install the RopeMate bundle, open a .py file and off you go,
> Ctrl+Space for completion.
> (Use the GetBundles to install the bundle ... :))

Cool!

Alas, for some reason the GetBundles package has stopped working for me, here's my log:

05/13/2011 10:31:49	TextMate[GetBundles]
GetBundles' DIALOG runs at token 1

05/13/2011 10:31:52	TextMate[GetBundles]
Cache File lists 1055 bundles. Last modified date: Fri May 13 11:00:01 UTC 2011

05/13/2011 10:32:19	TextMate[GetBundles]
Installing “RopeMate”

05/13/2011 10:32:19	TextMate[GetBundles]
Could not install “RopeMate” by using “https://github.com/JulianEberius/RopeMate.tmbundle/tarball/master”

(I think this is GetBundles related, not RopeMate-related, since it also fails when trying to install other packages, and I'm able to install RopeMate manually from that link).

I can manually install RopeMate, but anybody know why GetBundles would start failing? There isn't any detail in the log about the source of the error.

Lorin