[TxMt] Re: Split-window editing

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Wed Mar 16 00:50:46 UTC 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 5:31 PM, Gnarlodious wrote:

> Alternatively, is there any way to open the same file in another window? Thanks for any tips.

Yes: right-click on the file in the project drawer (has to be done through the project drawer, unfortunately) and choose "Open [File] in New Window…"

You can also achieve similar effects by opening up a scratch project, resulting in more than one window for the same files.  I usually do this by grabbing a folder in the project drawer (I think it has to be a "real" folder, not a group) and dragging it down onto the TextMate icon in the dock.  You can also find the folder in the Finder and drag that to the TM dock icon.  Could also make a new project (File > New Project) and drag whatever files you want to open up in a secondary window to that project.

You could even just duplicate your tmproj file, and open up both at the same time...