[TxMt] Re: DigitalColor Meter vs Color Picker

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Thu Jun 2 16:02:58 UTC 2011

On Jun 2, 2011, at 4:26 AM, Merrifield Adam wrote:

> I know how to use color picker, that's not the issue. ;) The issue is that the color picker does not accurate select a color based on your current color profile, so it's selection are off unless you set your color profile to match the color profile that color picker is using (not ideal if you like a calibrated screen).
>
> It's a common issue with color picker:
> <http://www.google.ca/search?q=color%20picker%20uses%20wrong%20color%20profile>
>
> DCM on the other hand picks the color based on your current color profile so the results always match what you see on screen.

Ah, thanks for explaining your reasoning further.  Then, no, I know of no way to do what you want.  I suppose you could write a command that launches DCM for you ( "open -a DigitalColor\ Meter" should work), then another to grab the clipboard contents (assuming you've copied the color from DCM) and properly format it for your current needs.  Bit of a workaround, but that kind of stuff usually goes a long way compared to manually launching DCM, copying, then reformatting the number as needed.

I just checked, and you can in fact, as Gerd suggested, drag from DCM to TextMate.  It seems to always be formatted as a hex color with #, regardless of your selected grammar.  But that might be a helpful tip, too.  Maybe you could write a drag command to help reformat the color?