[TxMt] Info.plist problem?

Paul Foerster paul.foerster at gmx.net
Thu Jul 28 17:07:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

... I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if this is a big "yes-we-all-know-that-already".

I have replaced my old machine with a new big iMac and upgraded to Lion. Now I have the console log filled all over the place with tons of messages like this one:

28.07.2011 6:18:29.046 PM	TextMate	NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.

I checked the file /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Info.plist:

$ pwd
/Applications/TextMate.app
$ find . -type f -exec grep -il cfbundletyperole {} \;
./Contents/Resources/Info.plist
$ cd Contents/Resources/
$ pwd
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources
$ grep -i cfbundletyperole *
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;
Info.plist:            CFBundleTypeRole = Editor;

My installed TextMate is version 1.5.10 (1631).

So, all is "Editor" as the NSDocumentController requested. What's wrong here? Does anybody have an idea? What can I do?

Thanks very much in advance.
--
cul8er

Paul