[TxMt] Re: Lion Version and Auto Save?

Tyson Edwards tysonedwards at mac.com
Mon Jul 25 19:57:01 UTC 2011

I agree that that UI consistency goes a long way to having a great product.

Yes, there are much more visually stunning text editors out there that in many cases even do a better job. There are two things alone that are keeping me on TextMate...

The first is variable tab width.
The second is column selection.

UltraEdit gets close on Column Selection, but still isn't there. For example, you can't paste a column of data into a new column without effecting surrounding text.

Anyone have any recommendations on another editor that has really good column selection and manipulation?

Tyson Edwards
phone: 801-300-7070 • email: tysonedwards at cyphercorp.com