[TxMt] Folding issue with perl code and C style comment marker

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 09:31:41 UTC 2011

I have a folding problem in a perl document. A string contains the
begin comment marker from C "/*" ... what I actually have is:
	push @files, glob "$curr_dir/*";

This causes a fold marker to appear and screws up all the folding
following it because there is no closing comment. To get round it, on
the following line I've used a perl comment and in that comment I've
included */.... so:
	# */

This does the trick but I do have a fold where one is not needed, and
it looks bad.

It seems that the perl syntax within TM has inherited some C. I know
perl is made with C and that there are similarities, but this seems a
step to far!

I've found the folding markers in the language definition, and /* and
*/ are defined there, any perl experts out there able to confirm these
aren't valid? I don't want to break anything here by removing them
either.

--
Justin Catterall                               www.masonsmusic.co.uk
Director                                       T: +44 (0)1424 427562