[TxMt] Re: Can I add a symbol to a word after the word is typed?

John Relosa john.relosa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 20:11:09 UTC 2011

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. This works for stand alone typed variables but on
snippets where I have let's say a "while loop" with
a certain condition as a place holder:
while	(condition) ... end while
after I type my shortcut and press the tab, the snippet completes and takes the
caret into the (condition) variable where If I type the name that I want and
press my shortcut for the macro to add the "$" symbol then TM adds it infront of
"while" so
it becomes:
$while	(condition) 	... end while
instead of:
while	($condition) 	... end while

Any way around this?

Thanks

You can do this by recording a macro.  Type a word, then under Bundles on the
toolbar, go to Macros and click Start Recording.  Press the key combination for
'move to beginning of word' (which is option+left arrow for me), and then press
'$'.  Then click 'Stop Recording'.  With any luck you should have a macro that
does 'move to beginning of word' and then 'insert $'.  You can do that for all
the characters you need, and obviously much more complicated scenarios.  Brandon
> Hello, > I was wondering if that is possible. The symbol for variable in the >
language I > am working on is the "$" sign. > Would it be possible to add this
after the word has been typed and have it > added > in the beginning of the
word? The same would go for the array symbol %, > strings array "!" etc.. > So I
would type "counter" and then decide if I want this to be a variable > or an >
array so depending if I type $ or % after that word it would end up being >
$counter or %counter > Thanks in advance for any input. > Best, > John