[TxMt] Serious Bug: Fails to truncate files properly

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 18:40:17 UTC 2011

I'm using TM mostly to edit web sites so lots of html files.  Prior to TM I used XCode3's Organizer which I liked a lot but is no longer available in XCode 4.  So I've switched to TM lately.

I keep finding garbage at the end of my files.

Stuff like

</script>
t('Got back auth_token: ' + json.auth_token); });

        })

</script>

but TM doesn't show the stuff beyond the first </html> tag.  Basically, it seems TM doesn't shrink file sizes correctly when writing them.  Closing the file and re-opening it will reveal the mess at the end (as does my web browser :-( ) but I'm getting bitten by this bug a LOT.  I'm using version Version 1.5.10 (1631) on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (although it has been around for a few different versions of SL).  No extra bundles or plugins beyond the standard install.

I'm kind of amazed that this kind of bug is hanging around in such a mature product.  I can't be the first guy to find this?

-Todd Blanchard