[TxMt] Re: cursor doesn't follow page up / down

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Mon Jan 31 00:58:13 UTC 2011

On Jan 30, 2011, at 16:10, Patrick Cullen wrote:

> It seems to me that the primary use case when you scroll to a new
> location in an editable document is to "start editing", so it would
> be logical for the cursor to follow along.  Is there some UI
> interaction pattern / use case that I don't understand?

For me, it allows the cursor to serve as a temporary bookmark: if I
need to, I can examine another part of the document, then start typing
and immediately jump back to what I was working on.

If I need to edit something after paging, I'll probably want to use
the mouse anyway to move the cursor, rather than stepping through with
the arrow keys to the right line and column.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>