[TxMt] Re: Can I hide .txt extension in TextMate?

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Mon Jan 10 21:47:23 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-08 21:32, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
> However, I can thing of several cases where the only difference
> between two tabs might be the suffix (application.js and
> application.rb, f.e.), so you'd be introducing some hunt-and-peck to
> the interface.

That problem's already there, if you have a project containing files
with the same name but in different directories. Take multiple files
named "index.html", for example, or "Makefile".  There's no convenient
way to tell them apart. I certainly wouldn't want the full pathname
displayed on the tab, but it'd be kind of nice to have the current
file's path displayed in the title bar.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer