[TxMt] Re: Difficulty using TextMate as external editor

Ian Greig greiggy at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 21:39:29 UTC 2011

Allan Odgaard-4 wrote:
....our “hacks” (like Edit in TM) does not work with [Tinderbox].
One user basically has a copy/paste macro to move the content:
http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1267305035
I suggest you contact the Tinderbox authors to request support for external
editors (e.g. via the ODB Editor Suite).

= = = = = =

I have initiated a fair amount of discussion on the Tinderbox forum,
including the developer, who considers that this is a TextMate issue. I am
aware that TextMate is not a Cocoa application.

Thanks for the link to Stephen Wu's post, which I had forgotten -- the copy
and paste macros should work OK.

The "mate" command question
Another way devised by Tinderbox users involves using a macro to call the
"mate" command. That brings me full circle. I do not seem to be able to make
this work, even by invoking the command line directly in Terminal. I would
like some help with this please.

ODB Editor Suite question
Could someone explain the ODB Editor Suite and whether this is a way forward
for a non-Cocoa application?